Internet.bs vs Legitscript
Legit Script (LegitScript.com) is a not so legit company that claims to be protecting the US people by labeling legitimate Canadian and other non-US pharmacies as Unapproved or Rogue. Legit Script has a long history of pressuring registrars into taking action against registrants of these Unapproved pharma related domain names.
Some registrars like Namecheap for example are known to be working closely with Legit Script. Others seem to be less easy to intimidate. Today, ICANN accredited registrar Internet.bs Corp. today released a statement saying that Legit Script admitted having registered hundreds of pharma domains purposely using fake whois data in an attempt to harm Internet.bs:
In a frustrated attempt to tarnish ICANN Registrar Internet.bs Corp. reputation, the US based company Legitscript openly admits to having employed undercover agents to register domain names suggesting the sale of illegal or regulated drugs from the USA to the USA and furthermore using fake whois data. Both actions are in breach of Internet.bs Corp. Terms and Conditions and in violation of ICANN rules.
This is not the first scandal that surrounds Legit Script:
- Pharmacist-affiliated LegitScript.com going after online pharmacies.
- Call for Investigation of John Horton, President of LegitScript, for Possible Government Ethics Violations.
- Inhousepharmacy.com stops shipping to the US.
- A Pandora's Box is being opened.
- Crack Down on Importation of Legitimate Pharmaceuticals into the US.